Companies need to generate more business and a quick and relatively inexpensive means to “get the message out” continues to be direct mail. If done correctly – the returns can be significant. Unfortunately, in the rush to get the mail out, several factors are overlooked, thus yielding disappointing returns.
Below are 10 Key Factors to consider for optimized returns for your direct mail campaign.
- Define your message. What makes you unique that causes you to stand out from your competition? What will capture your audience’s attention when they look at the Postcard?
- Define your markets – perhaps you only want to go after the Evaporative Cooler water treatment clients first. Limit the offering on the Postcard to just that. By defining your market – you can define your message and call to action.
- Images – choosing the correct images or photo’s is critical. An image is truly worth a thousand words so we need to make sure that the image tells the audience who you are and what you are selling visually. People in America do not read much so you need to keep it simple.
- Call to Action – what do you want to them to DO after they receive the mail piece? Call, E-Mail, Sign up for a Newsletter, Complete a RFQ from your website, and call for quote????? The call to action needs to be clear and consistent in the piece.
- Contact information – however you decide to ask your audience to interact with you – it needs to be such that you can respond to them quickly when they contact you. People don’t wait – they want everything now! If you don’t respond quickly – your competition might and they could win the business before you ever respond to the inquiry.
- The Product – clearly identity the product that you are selling by the formal and informal names for ease of understanding by your audience.
- Attention Grabber headline! What do you want to pop off the postcard that will grab your audience? Something like: “LOW COST GUARANTEE”, “FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $500.00″, “ORDER BY NOON – DELIVERED BY NOON THE FOLLOWING DAY” .
- Make sure you have the follow up to inquires clearly defined before you sent out the mail piece. You only have 1 chance to make a good impression and you don’t want to blow that chance.
- Earn the business – realize that just mailing 1 postcard will bring in a ton of new business. Part of your goal should be awareness – let your audience know that you exist. This will most likely be their first introduction to your company so make it a good one by mapping out your follow-up sequence.
- Plan for additional mailings to the same audience at timed intervals for brand awareness and product offering education. It normally takes prospects from 7 – 10 touches from your company before they trust you enough to order from you.
Consistence is the key! You may want to incorporated phone call follow ups, personal visits, dropping off industry information your prospects office or offer a no cost competitive analysis report to assure your prospect that they are getting the best from their existing vendor partner.
Tag Media assists our clients in creating effective Direct Mail Campaigns by utilizing the 10 factors that will help to yield higher response rates. Call today for to start your Direct Mail Campaign @ 480.355.4588.